Bereavement Training for Professionals - Level 1: The Basics is for social workers, teachers, funeral home employees, school counselors, crisis workers, therapists, palliative care nurses, or any individual who wants to explore bereavement issues related to their clients.
Training will cover:
- The basics of bereavement
- Complex Bereavement Complicated Grief & Traumatic Loss
- Special Issues in Complicated Grief - Ambiguos Mourning & Disenfranchised Grief
- Bereavment: Homicide & Suicide
- Death of Child
- Community Grief
- Cultural & religious sensitivity with regards to grief
- Caregiver resiliency
The sessions are facilitated by a grief and loss therapist/trainer with The Vancouver Centre for Loss and Bereavement.
A certificate will be awarded upon completion of the training.